This sermon has no title. I don’t remember when I preached it. I hope the outline is helpful to you.
James 1:2-8; 12-18
1. The struggles of faith are normal and help to fortify your resolve — if your faith is well placed (vv. 2-4)
2. A duplicitous life will always end in doubt and instability.
- Don’t be surprised by this. (vv. 5-8)
3. All of the promises that God gives are for those who remain steadfast.
- God’s testing will never be sinful against us or lead to sin in us. (vv. 12-13)
- If sin results from God’s testing, it’s because it was already there.
4. Sin always leads to death: emotional, physical, spiritual.
- Your sin is your fault! Stop blaming other people or God for your mess. (vv. 14-15)
- An reward your receive apart from Christ, will be the ONLY reward you receive.
- Sermon Sketch | “Boldness is the Need” (thereformedwesleyan.com)
- Sermon Sketch | “Talk Like Jesus” (thereformedwesleyan.com)