The One Worshiped Sets The Rules
1. Why is so much space given to the building?
- The amount of space given to describing the building is important.
- God directs Moses to record a meticulous account of the construction.
2. Worship is… acknowledging the worth of something relative to our own worth.
- We worship what we value.
- We value what we desire.
- We desire what will satisfy our souls.
3. Satisfaction of the soul… is an existential reality
We want for our life to have purpose and meaning.
- Our Satisfaction comes form purpose
- Our Purpose is determined by our design
- Our Design come from God
4. Only God can decide what is appropriate worship.
- God knows what will please him.
- God knows what will displease him.
- God is not required to explain himself to his creation.
5. What Does This Reveal?
- We have grown to big for our britches.
- We think that we know what pleases God.
- The purpose of worship is God’s pleasure, not our own.
- Sermon Sketch | “Marks of Pure Worship” (thereformedwesleyan.com)
- The Enemy of Worship (thesignofthecross.blogspot.com)
- Evaluating The Hour on Sunday (aldenschoeneberg.com)
- The Wisdom of Worship (pastorderick.com)