Love is the Support Structure for our Faith in Jesus
1 Corinthians 13
(Esp. vv. 1-3)
1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Three Consequences for Living without Love.
- Without Love our TALENTS are USELESS.
- Without love our FAITH is MEANINGLESS.
- Without love our SERVICE is POINTLESS.
Five Ways God’s Love Affects our lives.
- God’s love CLARIFIES the way we THINK.
- God’s love TRANSFORMS the way we LIVE.
- God’s love CHANGES the way we SEE.
- God’s love CONSTRAINS the way we BEHAVE.
- God’s love ALTERS the way we HEAR.